National Garlic Day promotes the many uses of Garlic. And, there certainly are many uses. It’s a vegetable. It’s a herb. It is used in recipes around the world. Garlic has been used medicinally for thousands of years. And, Garlic is believed to ward off evil spirits. About the only negative thing you can say about it, is that it can negatively affect an otherwise romantic evening.
As a medicinal herb:
- Phytochemicals in garlic are believed to provide protection against heart disease and cancer. Specifically, stomach and colorectal cancers.
- Helps to fight off colds and flu.
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the buildup of plaque in arteries.
- Used as a treatment for acne and warts.
- Used for toothaches
Celebrate National Garlic Day by using it heavily in your meals and snacks today. Spend some time researching its medical benefits. You might find you are adding more garlic to your menu everyday. Did you know? We all have fears. As a matter of fact, there are so many phobias, that psychologists can hardly keep track of them all. Just so you are well informed, Alliumphobia is the fear of garlic
What is your favorite way to eat your garlic? Let us know. I personally love garlic in all forms. Have you ever been to the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, California? This year the Garlic Festival will be July 26,27, and 28. Who will be there??
#Garlic #Medicinal #Good #Yummy #Elephant