Calling all hoarders. This day was created expressly for you. Come out from hiding under your piles of precious belongings, and take a minute to celebrate and be recognized. Today is Pack Rat Day. C’mon, admit it… .. you’re a Pack Rat. a hoarder like the rest of us. If you are a Pack Rat, you’re in good company. Many of us are hoarders, and some of us don’t even realize it. We hoard our belongings, well past their useful life, for any one (or two)of a number of reasons. It’s that favorite swearer, that has scene to many winters, or is lost in the back of the closet. It’s that second toaster oven… ‘ya never know when the new one might break. What about the old vinyl record collection? You know, someday have antique value. You can’t get rid of them! Its really easy to let things pile up. After all, each item you acquire along the road of life may have value or serve some meaningful purpose. ‘Ya just never know. Making the decision to discard something of even remotely questionable value, is difficult, if not impossible to do. We understand you perfectly. Why? Because most of us are pack rats. In keeping with the intent of Pack Rat Day, here are some Do’s and Don’ts:
- Don’t clean your room, basement, garage or any other area today.
- Don’t discard anything today…It may be valuable.
- Don’t even empty the trash today. You might have accidentally thrown out something useful.
- Do keep an eye out for useful stuff being discarded by others.
- Do go to garage and rummage sales. They can be pack rat gold mines.
- Do look around your belongings and be thankful for what you have.
- Do spend time thinking of uses for your things. Justification for saving is satisfying.
#PackRat #Storage #Elephant #DeClutter